please use these buttons to enter
IIIVX South East TaeKwonDo Opens 2022
Venue Address: Hertfordshire Sports Village, DeHavilland Campus, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, AL10 9EU
12 years and under (including BB’s) 8.30am / 13 years and over colour belts 12 noon / 13 years and over Black Belts 2pm
18th English TaeKwonDo Opens 27/03/22
Coaches Rules - Must read!
Coaches must understand these rules before applying to be a coach on the day of the event
- If a coach is rude to the center referee, the ring supervisor has the power to issue an official warning which in turn will be placed against their competitor for the duration of the division.
- We will disqualify the competitor if the coach continues to be abusive after an official warning.
- Only one coach per school / group is allowed at a ring to aid the competitor.
- Coaches are not permitted to look at the ring paperwork please ask the ring supervisor if you need a name check.
- Coaches can not film a bout then try and get the decision overturned. – The officials decision is final.
Please remember if you can not act in accordance with the L.T.S.I. rules, do not put down to become a coach. Your job as a coach is NOT to be a hindrance, but to be a support system for your clubs competitors. Respect our referees and officials or leave the job to some one else.
Question & Answers
- 12 years and under (including BB’s) 8.30am / 13 years and over colour belts 12 noon / 13 years and over Black Belts 2pm
- There is no registration on the day – We randomly check weights & heights at our events and disqualify if out.
Do I need a uniform?
- Yes – All competitors must be in white uniforms where possible.
Is there a running order?
Yes, follow the times of arrival.
- Special technique
Sections will be called as and when – it is impossible to state the exact times of running order.
What are the rules in patterns and sparring?
We do not operate I.T.F. rules, as we are an open event
There will be three judges marking all patterns
- 1 to 3 is a poor pattern
- 4 to 6 is a good pattern
- 7 to 9 is a very good to great pattern
- No kicking to back
- No low kicking
- No brawling
- No elbows or knee kicks
- Stepping off the mat is a foul
- Loss of balance is a foul
- Swinging punches is a foul
- Flurry of punches (max 3) = 1 point
- Mid section kick to body = 2 points
- High section kick to head = 3 points
- Jump kick to head = 3 points
Rules our visitors must follow
Visitors please take note –
- Currently we do not charge a spectator fee so we can not guarantee seating.
- The umpires decision is final
- All competitors MUST listen out for their division to be called out over the PA – If you miss it, you miss out
- Any visitor, coach or Instructor being rude to our officials will be told to leave
- Any competitor that shows bad sportsmanship will be disqualified instantly
- Hard contact instead of skill will be penalised
- Spectators are not permitted to step on the arena at any time
- In the case of a student injury, please let our first aiders deal with the matter
- Our admin team are volunteers, so please be polite at all times
- In the case of incorrect data submitted by you, our admin will always check what was submitted. We will do our best to correct the matter but, if you are rude, we will simply refuse correction on the day
Why our TaeKwonDo tournaments?
We feel all practitioners should try L.T.S.I. TaeKwonDo Tournaments as they are open to all I.T.F. TaeKwonDo groups around the U.K. The L.T.S.I. host two events per year and these are both open. Our first one is the hugely popular South East Opens which usually has between 300 to 400 competitors taking part – we are confident that NO other group based within a 30 mile radius can say their events are better, fairer or offer the same real value for money.
Fully Matted & Insured Events
Our TaeKwonDo tournaments are fully matted and insured. The event is attended by all I.T.F. styles and Independents from all corners of the U.K. This event is classified by many as the one to win. There are a minor few we have banned from our events over the years for not following our ethos as they have disgraced themselves – we live by the tenets and will uphold the founders’ last wish to bring all TaeKwonDo back together, even if it is on a small scale.
How we created the English T.K.D. Opens
The second event was the invitationals – this was strictly by invite only and was only open to those that attended our main event above. Due to popularity, this has been renamed to the ‘L.T.S.I. English Opens’ from September 2012 – getting 450 competitors a time, it really is popular.
All our events are held at a multi million pound sports complex in Hertfordshire University – we are confident that no other U.K. group will offer a relaxed event with such a high class of attendees. All events are about building unity and friendships. Those that support us are not just supporters, but are a network that wants all corners of the TaeKwonDo community to unite.
Be part of a NEW unified group building bridges in UK TaeKwonDo
So come try our events and see if they suit you. If you are open minded and looking to be part of something really special ie building bridges in UK TaeKwonDo this is for you, we truly believe we have the answer. Your members will love our events, but don’t just take our word for it.
We look forward to welcoming you at one of our events very soon.
Master Chris Snow VII
(on behalf of the organising committee)
Important Message: 07/10/21
We would like to extend our thanks to all that supported us at the English Opens 2021. Our officials done amazing jobs working all day making the event run smoothly. We have had a some concerns from our ring supervisors which as a result will mean a new set of rules will be put in place.
We were reunited with many old friends on the day, this for us was what made the day special. We also met many new instructors who visited, some left lasting impressions due to there amazing attitude and there members. Many have said they will return so this gives us faith 2022’s events will be ones to look forward to.
We thank you all and look forward to seeing you in 2022.
Master Snow and Tracey
62+ Clubs & Groups in our network
L.T.S.I. has built a network of over 60+ groups / clubs since 2004. Our vision is simple – ego’s are not welcome at our events and we will not treat high ranks like gods. We have many like minded clubs working with us now. These are clubs that are only interested in building bridges and bringing TaeKwonDo back together again. Our events are investors in people. All our events are not about profit, they are about charity and delivering the best we can for our huge network of friends. These tournaments are the peoples tournaments.
- Our guests agree our events are real quality 93% 93%
- Of all clubs return yearly 89% 89%
- Agree fairness is always in place 93% 93%
- Agree our events are real value for money 97% 97%
L.T.S.I. Tournaments are committed to charity – over £34,300 raised to date (below are just some we have supported)
This event is only open to all TaeKwonDo groups, not other styles.
‘L.T.S.I. Tournaments – always copied, never equaled’
L.T.S.I. Tournaments Contact US
- Only 425 allowed to enter - register NOW to guarantee entry
- Online Entry System NOW LIVE
- Fully matted event (6 rings, 7 by 7 metre), ensuring your safety always
- Best bespoke awards by far every time
- Fully insured events
- First aiders on site
- Public canteen on location
- Free meal for all officials
- 600 plus spectator seats provided (bleachers).